Recipe Of The Month ~ Chicken Noodle Casserole
30 November 2020
We hope you enjoy this Chicken Noodle Casserole dish.
- 3 cups dry Rotini
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/3 teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 310ml cream of mushroom soup or cream of chicken
- 8 oz. sour cream, equal to one cup
- 1/2 cup milk, any kind
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup regular cheddar, shredded
- 1/2 cup French’s crispy fried onions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Boil the Rotini and cook for 1 minute less than al dente, refer to package for cooking time. Prepare the rest of the casserole as the pasta cooks.
- Season the cubed chicken with 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning, 1/3 tsp garlic salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sear, tossing occasionally, for 4 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, (you may need to drizzle on some additional olive oil.) Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream of mushroom soup, milk, 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, and sour cream. Add the cooked chicken and broccoli.
- Drain the pasta and combine it with the casserole ingredients.
- Lightly grease a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish and add the casserole filling. Top with 1 cup regular cheddar cheese.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the cover. Top with crispy fried onions and bake for an additional 8 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!